Throughout this journey of pregnancy and motherhood, I’m continuously reminded of how important it is to be open, to be mindful, to be consciously aware of my thoughts, my emotions, my energy, my reactions to people & situations as I’m nurturing and raising my children.
How I choose to look at and interpret my experiences is a reflection of my ability to pay attention to and handle my emotions. My goal as a parent is to be mindful…mindful of the energy I give to myself and others, mindful of being reactionary and not letting my emotions get the best of me, mindful of my thoughts and judgements of others because they represent how I view myself, mindful of being in the present and living in the now. Mindfulness requires continued effort & practice on my end but the ultimate reward is knowing the lessons I’m teaching myself and my children!
Below are 8 tips for practicing mindfulness that I’ve tried to incorporate into my daily routine:
- Be thankful for what IS….and make gratitude a part of your daily routine.
- Take control of your own thoughts. Your thoughts do NOT control you!
- Be conscious of your actions and reactions.
- Take time to meditate (I’m starting with 2 minutes every morning and then increasing from there)
- Practice forgiveness; towards yourself and others
- Check in to your feelings and sit with your emotions.
- LET GO!!!
Sending lots of love to you beauties! xo