Preparing for a new baby can be overwhelming to say the least! What products do I need?What brands are the safest? Which ones have the best reviews? It’s easy to go overboard with all the baby products, especially as a new mom (I know I did). I had so many little gadgets and toys when Steele was born and looking back, half of them I probably only used a handful of times, if that. In a effort to minimize the amount of things we were buying this time around (we will only be in NY/NJ for a few months after the baby is born and then will have to move everything back to LA), I’ve tried to keep my purchases to things that I really NEED or products I felt like I wouldn’t want to live without…. so below I’m sharing a few of my favorite products to have with a newborn:
- Uppababy Vista Stroller – I did a lot of research on strollers when I was pregnant with Steele and came across this brand, which had really great reviews. There were many benefits that sold me on this stroller (adjustable handle bar for taller people like me :), large under basket for storage + it also comes with a newborn bassinet) and now with TWO young kids, it easily converts into a double stroller without us buying a new stroller. WOOHOO!! It’s also easy to fold and unfold + is easy to travel with. Winner!
- DockATot Deluxe Dock Infant Pillow – this one is new for me this time around but a good friend of mine told me its a MUST. We are a co-sleeping family (Steele NEVER wanted to sleep in her bassinet as a baby) so this seemed like the perfect product for us to try since we’ll most likely have this baby in the bed with us too. And not having to worry about rolling over on the baby while we sleep is a breath of fresh air.
- Honest Diapers & Wipes – when I was pregnant with Steele, I wanted to find body products that were either eco-friendly or organic and focused on sensitive skin. I had eczema as a child and wanted to be conscious of the products we were using on her. Knowing that the Honest brand makes products without potentially harmful ingredients – I decided to try them out….and I loved them! We’ve never really had any issues with leakages or rashes & who doesn’t love all their fun designs.
- Nook Niche Feeding Pillow – I had the Boppy & My Brest Friend nursing pillow when Steele was a newborn. Both were good but I’ve heard such great things about the Nook brand & this specific feeding pillow that I decided to give it a try this go ’round. What I like about the brand is that they use organic materials and focus on the breathabiity of their products. You can also use the pillow to prop baby up next to you or for elevated tummy time. I’ve had it for about a month now and have used it to help me get comfortable during pregnancy, definitely a plus.
- L’ovedbaby Organic Gl’oved-Sleeve Overall – I bought a few of these for Steele (she was too big to fit the newborn size when she was born so we had to go up a size) but these little onesies were perfect for the first few months of life. We didn’t go out much in the beginning so having cozy options that I could easily throw on her was perfect. Plus, they are super soft and well made….so I’m passing the ones Steele had to the new baby + picked up a few extra ones too!
Of course there are many more products that we use with our little babies but these are just a few of my favorites.
I want to hear what brands & products you guys like/can’t live without – fill me in!!